Here’s how the Low (no) Spend Challenge will work:
1. Choose a financial goal for the month!
~ I'm still working away at getting $500 into the emergency fund (still 34 days to complete this) by the end of February.
2. How will you achieve your goal this month?
~ I will be knitting and selling reusable swiffer cloths for $6 each, as a way to earn extra money. Alternatively, I will be putting 10% of my paycheques this month into the Emergency fund.
3. How will you allot your spending this month?
~ I will be using only cash available in my account from paycheques. Some must be set aside for bills, and groceries, so I tend to keep my spending to much less than I earn in a given month.
4. Track your purchases!
~ I have a great little wallet/notepad combo to write down everything. Still getting used to using this.
5. Are there any “exemptions” for the month?
~ My personal exemptions will be any medications if anyone in the family becomes ill.
Here’s how the Decluttering challenge will work:
1. There will be 4 main challenges for the month. I pick the theme, you pick the challenge!
- Week One: Personal Space Challenge ~ Hallway Closet (it's huge)
- Week Two: Family Space Challenge ~ The Kitchen
- Week Three: Productivity Challenge ~ All the crafty stuff: Yarns, Plastic Canvas, Candles
- Week Four: The “Dreaded” Challenge ~ Master Bedroom Closet
- I will be giving you 4 *bonus* mini challenges throughout the month! Fast & easy to accomplish!
- Toss, sell, or donate 29 items! One item for every day of the month in February… Easy as pie!
4. The Proof is in the pudding!
- If you have a blog, before & after photos of your decluttering projects would be awesome please!!
~ Ok, I am going to give this one my best shot. when the Bermuda triangle of time wasters (internet/phone/cable) was down, I got so much accomplished. I'm afraid to post pictures of our junk, but I will do it anyway. Please be nice with comments, OK? I'm a little sensitive. I think 29 items will be the easiest part. Whatever the bonus challenges are, I guess I'll just roll with them.
I have to get to my knitting. Have a great weekend everyone!