We are already a little bit behind as some of the bills had not yet been fully paid for the month. Poor planning on my part, and a bit of a hiccup with a direct deposit not going in when it should have. If we hadn't already drained the EF over the last few months, I would have borrowed from it, and repaid a little extra with our regular deposits. So now I squeeze the current month budget a little tighter.
All of this has got me thinking about some things that I need to take care of.
- DD2 & Cub's Status card photos and paperwork need to be sent in. This has taken me far too long to take care of.
- Applying for financial help with Cub's hockey fees.
- Calling auto insurance company to change policy and switch accounts that it is drawn from.
- When that is completed, I can completely close the business account.
- Contact CC company about a lowered interest rate or switching to a different type of card.
- Figure out saving schedule for DD2's trip to France.
- Figure out debt repayment schedule.
- Plan out Emergency Fund rebuild schedule.
- Plan out House down payment schedule for *both* Hubs and I to contribute to.
- Apartment overhaul: every nook and cranny needs purging and cleaning so I can update my stock items list. (We still don't need toothpaste or laundry soap for several years. :D)
Somewhere on the giant list of things to do I also have to add:
- back - to - school shopping; both kids will need some stuff. ( I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that DD2 is going into grade 12 this year. *sigh*)
- The stock up list: I like to keep a list of things we use/eat regularly so that when those items go on sale, I will buy multiples of an item.
- Holiday saving and shopping: I started out the year with a good handle on saving for the holiday month, but during my recovery from surgery to repair my ankle, I ended up using the money for things we needed. It will likely be a very low-key holiday this year.
- Going through Cub's hockey equipment and seeing if he needs anything new. We should be able to get away with very few purchases this year.
- Planning for winter wear: I will likely need steel-toed winter boots, Cub will likely have outgrown everything except his winter coat and DD2 will need mostly everything as well.
- Try to figure out some sort of a meal prep schedule and make ahead meals. Our home functions much more smoothly when everyone is fed at a decent hour.