Monday, May 16, 2011

Hubby & I spent a glorious weekend away together. We took 2 hour long walks, we shared a soda, we spent time talking and reconnecting. Saturday night we saw George Lopez perform his stand-up routine. My goodness, my belly still hurts from laughing! We spent a night in a luxurious hotel room at Caesar's Windsor (free) and saw George Lopez (also free). We had two meals at the hotel buffet (1 free & 1 only cost $5.00). We played poker, we played slots, losing some money and winning some as well. No big wins I'm afraid, but just enough to put some cash back in our pockets. We had fun.

Today is my DD2's birthday. I remember what a difficult age 12 is. We are having a birthday/honour dinner for her tonight, to celebrate her birthday and her becoming a young woman. Women from our family will be joining us to help celebrate her, and to hear the 'Strawberry Teaching'. Strawberry is a woman's medicine in Aboriginal teachings, used to flush toxins from a woman's body that build up during menses and childbirth/pregnancy.

DD2 has requested 'Indian Tacos' for dinner tonight, so I have much to do in preparation to make the dinner. I have to do some shopping, make chili, fried bread, strawberry drink and make sure the cake that I ordered will get here on time. I ordered a Togepi cake to be made, as she is a huge Pokemon fan.

The thing I am looking forward to most will be the icing fight after dinner is over. It is tradition in our family that the birthday person gets icing wiped on their face, which results in everyone trying to wipe icing on everyone else. Some silly fun for the whole family.

I'm trying to stay as thrifty as I can with this celebration. Wish me luck.

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Your DD2's dinner sounds wonderful - what's your recipe for Indian Tacos? Sounds like you and hubby had a great time - so well deserved! We are going to a wedding in Georgetown this weekend and staying overnight at a motel after the wedding. All of my best friends will be there so it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete