Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

We took our daughter to the hospital last night after she had been having semi-regular contractions for over 3 hours. The contractions were getting stronger and stronger. I dedcided it was best to take her in and get her assesed. Of course, as soon as we got there, she stopped having them. 25 minutes later, they sent her home. She's now 2 days overdue, and just wants to 'get it over with'. She has another appointment with the OB tomorrow, and then he will schedule her for induction. Sometime in the next few days, I'm going to be a Gramma!

It's Monday, and back to the normal routine for most people. I'd like to change my routine a bit this year, and include more for regular things that I normally put off doing until the last minute. Like doing business paperwork, and doing regular chores around the house. Seeing as I will be on call every Tuesday, this would be an ideal 'business day' for me. Starting tomorrow, I'll wake up a wee bit earlier, so I can post on my blog, read other blogs and be generally prepared for the day by 9 am. Getting into a routine is difficult for me, but I like having one. The difficulty lies in the fact that I usually have my routine interrupted with work, and things get left unfinished. And if I don't go back to the routine immediately, it may take days for me to get back on track. I'll have to see what I can do about this.

It seems that traffic to my little blog are on the increase, and I have you wonderful readers to thank for that. Most of you come regularly, daily even, and read my random ramblings about my life. I have some post ideas set out for the month (thanks to http://www.productiveflourishing.com/ ) on a Blog Post Calendar. I'm hoping to have a new post every weekday of the month. some things I will likely post about in the future are some book reviews, some helpful tips, some tricks and/or money hacks, and of course our journey to Debt-Free Forever.

I'm wanting to go out today and try to find myself a copy of Gail Vaz-Oxlade's newest book, Never Too Late. The closer we get to Debt-Free, the more I will be focusing on my RRSP contributions. I plan on making next year the year of using up all of my available contribution room, without loans. How nice would that be?

Have a great Monday folks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how exciting!! I hope your daughter goes into labour soon! I was always SO impatient near the end... you're SO anxious and uncomfortable and just ready for it all to begin! lol!

    I'm enjoying reading your blog and glad I found it! :) Keep up with the great posts!

    ReplyDelete