Saturday, January 1, 2011

End of December Report

Here are our December numbers:

Planned spending - $35.36 (same)
Xmas Fund - $18.68 (same?)
Emergency fund - down $349.05
RRSP - added $1.34 (Interest only)
General Savings - up $14.47
Can. Saving Bond - up $210.00

$150 paid to Personal Loan
$118.97 paid to CC with 28% int. rate
$150 paid to CC with 0% int. rate
$238.55 paid to Auto Loan
Used $425.00 of credit from HBC card with 28.8% int. rate

We put a total of $226.01 into our various saving pots this month.
We paid a total of $2233.92 toward our debt this month.
Total Debt Difference from Last Month: $ 2204.94

Our current total Debt owing: $22,121.52
Total Debt owed on January 1, 2010: $23,861.01
Total Debt payments made in 2010: $15,767.79

In hindsight, it seems like we're just spinning our wheels, not really paying down the debt, since the difference in total amount from start to finish of the year is only $1739.49. But we have paid off almost $16,000 of debt that accumulated over the year. I don't know where these numbers really come from, but somehow we got more debt. I know some of it was from increased Income Tax owing, money loaned to us through a personal loan early on in the year, usage of one store card (boo!) and increased interest costs. But the number went down! It wasn't as big of a decrease as I would have liked to see, but at least it didn't increase. =)

I would have to say that overall, I'm pleased with what we've accomplished over the last year. As I look forward to 2011, I plan to accomplish so much more. I'm eager to start my journey for the year and hope that you all will follow along reading about my adventures.


P.S. Today is the day that my family has for generations spent the day making doughnuts and cookies for when friends and family drop by to visit. Although I should have been baking since early this morning, I've decided to wait until my girls are home to help. This is one tradition they love, as they get to eat not so nutritional food all day long, with no nagging from Mom. and I'd like to think they enjoy spending time in the kitchen with me too.

Have a great New Years Day.

3 comments:

  1. Paying off that much debt shows you have the capacity to do so and hopefully this year the impact on total debt will be greater. Like you say, you're going in the right direction (down) with your debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your kitchen must smell like absolute heaven! There is nothing like the smell of fresh, yeasty goodness. Happy 2011 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eboo, you are going in the right direction. Celebrate the fact that your debt went down! Good job!

    ReplyDelete