Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yesterday, It Doesn't Seem That Far Away

Yesterday was brutal on me, and am I ever feeling it today.

The day started out great. I got the kids out the door on time and dropped them off at school and daycare respectively.

A lady I was supposed to meet up with called to say that she wouldn't be needing my assistance, so I actually had some 'free' time to get something done. I then spent several hours with some nice folks at FedEx Kinko's redoing a flyer for the charity.

The afternoon seemed all fine, spent some time with DH and picked the kids up. As soon as dinner plans were under way, everything went to hell in a hand basket.

The first call came as I was about to start shovelling food into my mouth, shortly before 6:00 p.m. I opted not to eat dinner, and instead got dressed and headed out the door.

Shortly before 11:00 p.m., I finally made it home. Dinner was reheated for me, and I was in bed and asleep before 11:45.

There are many things that I should have gotten done last night that didn't, so they will be first up on my to-do list today.

I ache all over (from work, not impending illness) and would rather just go back to bed. Not going to happen though.

3 comments:

  1. I hate that feeling of ache-y tired. Hoping you get a chance to rest & catch up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's rough being out that late when you're up early in the morning! Hope you can catch up tonight!

    ReplyDelete