Thursday, November 24, 2011

Staying Home Today

Cub woke up in the middle of the night, telling me there was 'food' on his bed. In my sleepy haze, I felt around the bed, and told him he was dreaming. I put him back to bed and told him to go back to sleep.

When my alarm went off this morning, I went in to wake him up (he's usually up before I am). He was laying in a pile of his own vomit. Then I remembered what he had said to me in the middle of the night. Then I remembered that Gramma had said that he had fallen backward off his chair last night and hit his head pretty hard. I have to admit, I'm a bit worried about possible concussion. But yet, he seems fine, no other issues. He had breakfast and kept it down.

I think we'll just stay home today and I'll keep an eye on him.

In the meantime, I can get some stuff done around home.

There's laundry to do (there is always laundry to do), and housework to be worked; gifts to be knitted or sewn; other bought gifts to be wrapped; letters to be mailed; the list goes on and on. Hubby said he would like to put up the tree this weekend when DD2 is home. I sincerely hope he was joking, but somehow I know he wasn't. *sigh*

We went to a "Gold Party" last night. You know the home party routine...show up, spend money on stuff that you will get in a couple of weeks. Well this one was different. You go to location, bring any unwanted gold jewellery that you want to part with. The rep weighs it, and offers you cash on the spot for it. We walked out last night with some money that can be put toward Christmas or bills, not sure which just yet.

I also got my very first Christmas card of the season yesterday. Thanks Judy! Your card arrived safe and sound. I'm not really feeling the 'spirit of the season' yet, but hopefully it will come soon!

Well, I'm off to make a dent in my to-do list!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

5 comments:

  1. Aww.. Your poor little guy!! :( I hope he's ok!!

    A day at home is always nice, hope you get lots accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope little cub is okay. Good idea to stay home and lay low today. Good for you for cashing in on some old, unwanted gold - every dollar helps! As for the Christmas spirit, put some Christmas music on - that might help! Or maybe pop a Christmas special into the DVD for you and cub to watch this afternoon. I might do that too! I'm having a quiet day today and I plan to do NOTHING, after working my tail off getting the house cleaned all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your lil guy feels better!!

    Sounds like you planned a very productive day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure hope Cub is ok - better to be safe than sorry. That's a worry for sure. I could do with about a WEEK at home to get things done but that won't happen til AFTER Christmas! Oh well, at least it's casual Friday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little thing x x
    Enjoy your day at home snuggle up x x

    ReplyDelete