The idea is to make a list of ten things that are important for you to do every day. Write them down, and then check them off as you go along.
At first I thought, "Oh, I'll just write down the top ten things I need to do today" and then I realised after rereading both articles, that the list should be things you need or want to do everyday. Thinking about it while writing my list really shows what I value and where my priorities are.
My Top Ten Checklist
- Write a blog post, a letter, a thank you note, or a section of my story. Writing everyday is something I love doing.
- Have my 5-A-Day. Smoothies make this much easier but I need to keep this a priority if I ever expect to lose any weight.
- Clean for 1/2 hour. I can break this into two fifteen minute intervals if need be.
- Do 1 load of laundry. We go through lots of clothing, and the mountain never seems to get any smaller. I have to keep up on this, and this is a good way to do so.
- Spend 1 hour a day making or creating something. (Knitting, plastic canvas, candles, etc.)
- Spend 1 hour daily on business paperwork. This should keep me caught up.
- Make dinner from scratch.
- Exercise for 1/2 hour; Walking outside in nice weather or doing at least one circuit of my DVD.
- Spend 1/2 hour on budget/spending or finances. Must. keep. costs. down.
- Spend time with members of my family, either individually or together. I love spending time with these people, so I will continue to show them that they are a huge priority in my life.
And this post means I can cross off one thing on that list today. ;)