Thursday, February 3, 2011

Classic Albums Live

Last week, Hubby played Bobbin for answers with 102.3 Bob FM, and won a Tough Duck prize pack and two tickets for Classic Albums Live- Led Zeppelin.

I have been a fan of Led Zeppelin since I was about 16 years old. Their music sparked something in me that is indescribable. Even though this band broke up permanently after the death of their drummer, John Bonham, their music is still intensely popular with a lot of folks in my age group.

Classic Albums Live,  is a production of live music, playing a certain album or two, from a particular well known band. The music is played note for note, cut for cut. It is the closest thing to actually hearing Led Zeppelin play live that I will ever get.

In the 80's, I was fortunate enough to attend a Robert Plant concert, during his Tall Cool One tour. We were in the nosebleed section, but that didn't matter. I actually got to see him perform live. At that time, he did sing some Led Zeppelin, but it was very short, and his style of singing had evolved, so the rendition was different than when he sang for Led Zeppelin.

I am looking forward to this production. Maybe with some wine, my imagination, and closing my eyes, I can transport myself to another time, and pretend that it is Led Zeppelin themselves that I'm actually hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment