Today I will work for my small town job and the boss for the last time. He has sold the business effective at midnight tonight. If the new boss will keep me on remains to be seen.
I've spent alot of time thinking about this change and how it will affect our finances. If I no longer work at this facility, my income will take a cut of about $10,000 per year. I will also not be spending as much money on gas, meals, etc. as I won't have to travel for about an hour to get to work.
I have enjoyed this job for the last several years, working when needed, meeting lots of new people, and getting to know folks in a small town. Oh how I wish I had the money to buy the place! I love it just that much.
But when one door closes, another opens elsewhere, and I have been contacted about the possibility of working for an out-of-town employer who is considering me for some steady contract work in my hometown. We are still in negotiations, but I am hopeful that my price is right. I have said that my price is negotiable, so I hold out the hope that we can come to some sort of agreement.
If things were to work out on both issues, I could work for both new boss in small town and new contract employer. That would be ideal, as it would increase my income about $10,000/year. I would likely have to put DS into daycare, but with the income increase, I don't think that would be a problem.
I'm feeling a little sad about today, and a bit anxious and excited about what the future brings. As long as I'm not without extra work for too long, our EEE shouldn't be depleted.