Thursday, September 9, 2010

Volunteering

I have agreed to volunteer for for the next two Saturday evenings, during the Western Fair, for three hours each evening with a charity call "Keeping Kids Warm". These fine folks knit various items for children of all ages within our community.
http://www.keepingkidswarm.ca/

I wanted to volunteer for a group who has similar interests and ideals as my own, and Keeping Kids Warm seems to be a good fit. I have yet to meet the lady who heads this cause, but I am sure that I will find this experience a good one. I am looking forward to helping out during the fair at the booth, and knitting some things for them.

I used to volunteer a lot of my time with organizations, but lately haven't done so. I would like to improve that.

Do you volunteer, and how much of your time do you devote to the service of others?

No comments:

Post a Comment