- Three bedrooms. With an eleven year old, and a three year old, it is imperative that they both have their own bedrooms, as well as one for Hubby and I.
- Garden space. I cannot imagine living in a home without growing some of my own vegetables at the very least.
- A two car garage. Not having to brush snow and scrape ice from my vehicle when I need it for work in the winter will be much appreciated. I can live with room for only one vehicle inside, as long the driveway is wide enough for two vehicles to be side by side.
- A finished basement for a kids playroom and an office area. I hate having the computer in my living room.
- Storage area in basement, garage or attic. I don't care where, as long as our boxes of seasonal things aren't taking up closet space anymore.
- An area in the backyard for the barbecue and table and chairs. I like to cook outside and have a place to sit outdoors with my morning coffee.
- A big bathtub.
- Not too many stairs. I have trouble with them some days due to my arthritis, which will only worsen as I age.
- To stay there forever. I never want to have to move again after we purchase our home. so once we decide, that will be where we will live forever.
Monday, March 21, 2011
What I would like in our Future Home
These are my expectations of what I would like to have in our future home. I know that is likely going to be several years before we are ready to purchase (if at all), so this is a dreaming type of list. Perhaps in a year or so, I could go over the list again to see if anythings changed at all.
at 7:19 AM