Monday, December 6, 2010

I am Tired

It was a long weekend. It was a tiring weekend. But it was a good weekend. :)

Friday evening, we dropped the little guy off at his big sister's apartment. She had made dinner for us to have there. Biggest sister and her bf take the little guy for the weekend for us every once in awhile so that Daddy & I can have some alone time, to get things done.She's such a good sister!

After we left there, we decided to go do some shopping. Wal-mart is already into their staying open 24 hours stint, so that's where we headed. A very full cart, and a couple hundred bucks later, we are done Christmas shopping. Okay, well the majority of it is done. We only have to get a couple of gift cards, and ingredients to make some gift jar mixes still. But all the gifts are bought.

Knowing that we could be busy with the business over the holidays (we usually are), and expecting the grandbaby during the same time, I wanted to be very prepared this year.

Friday night we stayed up late, and we each did our own thing.
Saturday morning we got up, had some coffee, dressed warmly, and headed out to volunteer some time for the Keeping Kids Warm charity. The $100 challenge went great, and I heard about some great acts of kindness for others. But it was a long, long day. We came home after, watched the news, and just hung out. In the same room, yet both of us doing our own thing. With a glass of rum & coke. :)

Sunday it had started to snow. A lot. We stayed in for most of the day, and got some things done around the house. Almost all the gifts are wrapped. We went through the little guys toys, and cleaned and purged there. I sorted out all of my knitting supplies and various projects I'm working on. We vaccuummed most of the apartment. We were planning on going to get little guy, and going to visit with hubby's family at his Grandmother's house. That's when we got the call.

It was just a hospital transfer, but my goodness, it took a long time. Just clearing the snow off the van took a good 15-20 minutes. In snow up to my knees. Road travel was slow. Reports on the radio mentioned car accidents all over the city. The weather forecast called for another 15-30 cm of snow in each of the next 3 days. We could suddenly get very busy. It's our busiest time of year, so I have to be prepared. Darn, I suddenly remember I haven't put snow tires on the van yet. Crum!

We did the transfer, came home, switched vehicles, drove to the other end of city to get little guy, came home and vegged out. It was late before we got home. The snow about to fall on our city worries me. I want to just stay indoors and hibernate, like a bear. Think anyone would notice if I went to sleep for a few months?

Sleep sounds really good to me right now. Maybe I'll get a nap in today.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to here that the weekend charity event went well! I was busy all weekend, and was wishing I could have made it out! But didn't get it in unfortunately.

    Brave going to Wal-Mart this time of year! LOL!! I'm done my shopping now, save for one small give that i'll grab at Giant Tiger near me... no WAY i'll step foot in a mall now... lol!