Monday, December 20, 2010

Credit Card Company Should be Ashamed

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/consumernews/capital_one_blasted_over_easy_credit/285040e5

I have an account with Capital One. There have been times that I've been less than happy with their customer service when talking to them about trying to make payments when I have been behind. I know my credit at the time was less than stellar, and continued its downward spiral. They came to an agreement with me for a 'hardship' program where they reduced the interest rate to 0%, and I continued to make monthly payments in the amount of $140 for five years. Thsi would bring my balance to zero, and afterward, the account would be closed.

Although Capital One was not the worst company I had to deal with while we were struggling by far, they certainly did not make it any easier. I couldn't imagine that they would give credit to someone who certainly did not qualify for it. But it seems that they did. They continued to increase my credit amount, without my consent, and before long, I was in a hole (that I dug myself) that I didn't know how to get out of.

Let me know what you think after you have read the article.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, things are super busy for me today, and likely will be for the remainder of the week. I'll do my best to keep posting throughout the craziness, but I may end up disappearing for a few days at a time.

Thanks to all of you who posted comments to let me know that you like my blog for what it is, and the encouragement to keep writing. It helps to know that someone actually cares what I write. Thanks, you guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment