Friday, February 1, 2013

Thank You All

This week has been one emotional roller coaster! I've experienced feelings that I have not had in a long, long time. Feeling down, blaming myself, and a plethora of things have gone through my mind.
What did I do wrong? What could I have done differently? Would any of that matter anyway? Would the outcome have been different?

I've resigned myself to the fact that I may never fully know the answers. What I do know is that I handled it with all the grace and dignity that I could muster, and waited until I was home with Hubby, feeling safe and loved before I fell to pieces. I'll admit to being hurt by the fact that I have had no communication with company representatives since then. I'd love to have some sort of explanation, but I know there isn't one coming. I'd like to tell them, "Hey! I'm a grown-up. I can handle that I'm not the person you think can make your business the best that it can be. But at least have the guts to say it to me!"

I'll bide my time and see what the reason code is on my Record of Employment. I've already filed my Employment Insurance claim. Now I wait.

In the mean time, I want to say thank you to you all for the kind words. I don't know what this next chapter in life will hold, but I'm excited at the prospect of something new and different.

7 comments:

  1. I really know how this feels as I lost my job in the 80's recession; and when a door closes another door does open, sometimes we might have to look a little closer for the first opening crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. I was feeling pretty crummy for a couple of days, but I think the worst of it is over. Onwards and upwards!

      Delete
  2. I lost my job a few month back (my dream job since I was a kid actually) so I know what you're feeling (though I do know why they let me go). I ended up landing a great job completely out of nowhere. I hope you find a job that surpasses you old one with the speed that I did. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you, I can't imagine what YOU would have done! You are soo sweet & thoughtful, I just can't see it! Praying that there is a much better job out there just waiting for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. I'm not perfect, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be, even if I thought I was perfect for the job. Oh well. Live & learn.

      Delete
  4. I am sending you a huge hug. You are also in our prayers and I know that there is something even better around the corner.

    Remember you have us to lean on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eboo!
    I am so sorry this happened so quickly for you and out of nowhere and without an explanation, I am sure this has been devastating emotionally as it leaves you hanging with questions.
    I was unemployed for most of 2012 and although there is fear and self doubt, there is also some excitement in the air as you figure out and re-evaluate your life, and make plans for the next step. :)
    Good Luck Eboo! No matter what you will do great in Life:)

    ReplyDelete