Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Deposit Slip - Book Review

Before I get started with my review, I want to thank the marvy-fab Carla at My Half Dozen Daily for introducing me to the world of blogger book reviewing. Thanks Carla for being so wonderful, so you!


Today, I'll be reviewing "The Deposit Slip" by Todd M. Johnson.




This is the first book I've ever gotten to review and what a wonderful first experience it was! I read this novel front to back in less than two days. It grabbed my attention somewhere around page 12 and didn't let me go until I had read it in it's entirety.

Here's an excerpt from the book:

" $10,000,000 is missing. Erin Larson is running out of options. In the wake of her father's death, she found a slim piece of paper - a deposit slip - with an unbelievable amount on it. Only the bank claims they have no record of the money, and trying to hire a lawyer has brought only intimidation and threats. Erin's last chance is Jared Neaton. How far will one lawyer go to find the money? And how far will someone go to stop him ? "

What I enjoyed most about this book is that the author kept the suspense until the right spot in the book about where the money is and where it came from and that it actually existed at all. There were lots of plot twists, turns and curves that kept me guessing for a fair amount of time while reading. The mystery, the intrigue, the evil plot...it was all there. And the ending? Well, I can't spoil that for you. You should read The Deposit Slip for yourself.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 







1 comment: