I took a very long break from blogging, and now I feel more prepared to try my hand at it again.
I thought I would start out by posting my goals for the year, which were written in late December, 2009. Whenever I get around to learning how to do it, I'd like to put bars on the side to track my progress. However...on to the goals themselves.
2010 YEAR GOALS
1. Have $800 in e-fund account. DONE (3 year goal is $12,000).
2. Have $1800 in RRSP account.
3. To have $1000 buffer in personal chequing account.
4. Have $2000 saved in vacation account. (DONE)
5. Have $1100 in Xmas account.
6. Have $2000 in auto repair/replacement fund.
7. Pay off $1000 of $5600 of credit card debt.
8. Open saving accounts for both children.
9. Stay current on monthly bills.
10.Pay $3500 to lawyer and obtain divorce from ex-spouse.
Other things that I'm working on for the year...
- switching DD's allowance percentage amounts so that 40% is going into long-term savings
- reading 100 books this year
- keeping up with personal budget
So that's all for now. I'll post an update of where we are now in relation to these goals sometime later this week.